We Did It
This web site is the product of E2BN
- a project to install and use Broadband technology in schools.
Working with a consortium of schools - Hinchingbrooke, St Peters and
our various feeder schools in and around Huntingdon - Graham Gossage,
Phil Leverett and Duncan Grey acted as a steering group, and appointed
a coordinator, Andy Blackwell, to encourage and guide the several schools.
The project launch was made by John Davitt with a wonderful mix of common
sense and enthusiasm.
The History of Hinchingbrooke House seemed a natural
choice for Hinchingbrooke School. The House is an important part of the
school and learning about English history through it seems a very appropriate
use of local resources.
A second and related focus was the English Civil War,
which has many connections with Hinchingbrooke.
The final proposal integrated The House and the Civil War with five
- A website to teach English history through Hinchingbrooke House
- A website to teach the English Civil War through Hinchingbrooke House
Both of these websites to contain video clips
- A short film of Hinchingbrooke House for publicity to parents and
history teaching of local studies
- A short film of the Civil War to be used in history teaching.
- The unedited footage to be used as a resource in A level media studies.
We are grateful to:
- Historical Promos for providing re-enactors for our project.
- The County Records Office staff in Huntingdon.
- The BBC who gave us permission to use clips from their programme "The
Portrait of Omai" which was filmed at Hinchingbrooke (using some
actors from the school)
- Diane Earl, Paul Springford and the staff of Psilogica for their help.
We are -
- Duncan Grey (producer
and director, web designer),
- Giles Fullard (script writer, actor),
- Doug Brechin (script writer and historical advisor),
- John Cronin (curator and advisor),
- Kevin Taylor (camera and editing)
Also Lizzie Leach, Jenny O'Callaghan, Robert Simmons, Nick Boddington,
Simon Priest, Ross Chisholm who assisted in various ways, especially
Kevin filming at the gatehouse
Using Photoshop to design Buttons
Using Dreamweaver to make Mouse Rollovers
Making pop-up windows
Converting from Video to Web clips
Creating a Poster Movie